Our fabulous artists:
- got inspired by these two extraordiary books " Story Stones" and Rock Art"
- found their very own special rock
- used acrylic paint and added details
- practiced making tints (adding white to a colour) and shades (adding black to a colour)
- wrote brilliant stories about their painted rock
Learning how to...
- add adjetives to write interesting sentences
-use synomys (beautiful is in jail)
- paint more than one rock to be part of the story
Active and Healthy Life Style
- ball games
- hula hut battle : a team building game
- Students follow the Scientific Method for each of the tests done on the minerals: Ask a question/make predictions/do an experiment/ make observations/draw conclusions
-Hardness test on different minerals ( very soft to very hard) fingernail-penny-metal nail- emery file
- Vinager Acid Test
- Magnetism test
- Rocks are characters in many story books we have read
Math & Spanish
- place value game
- working with syllables to make words
- Spanish song "El Genio"