Thank you to everyone who helped make this special evening possible! The students were a combination of excited and nervous leading up to this performance and have made incredible growth in their oral story telling and public speaking skills. Even though 'storytelling night' has officially come and gone, our work is far from over. A very important piece to any performance is the reflection that takes place afterwards.
Students were asked to silently sketch their experience and write an accompanying journal response answering the following questions:
- What kind of emotions were you feeling before, during, and after your performance?
- What was your favourite and least favourite part of the process?
- If you could do it again, what would you change?
- Which story from your group of presenters was the most memorable? Why?
Please stay tuned for more projects and activities tied to our school-wide inquiry question: What is our story?
ASK ME ABOUT: What did you learn in preparation for our storytelling night? How can you use those same skills outside of the school?
ASK ME ABOUT
* Keep your eyes open for these sections on the blog. Teachers will post questions to help you start conversations with your child regarding class activities/topics
Looking for Curriculum documents?