Taking advantage of one of this season's favorite vegetables, students closely examined the pumpkin in all its glory!
English Languages Arts:
- What do pumpkins look like? Smell like? Taste like?
- Students used their senses to brainstorm a list of "juicy words" to describe a variety of pumpkins
- Using their word bank, students wrote a descriptive paragraph about pumpkins
- I can use periods to separate my ideas
- I can use different words to start my sentences
- I can use capitals at the beginning of my sentences
GREEN capital first, RED period last
ASK ME ABOUT: How do you remember to include periods and capitals in your writing? Is there one strategy that works best for you?
ASK ME ABOUT
* Keep your eyes open for these sections on the blog. Teachers will post questions to help you start conversations with your child regarding class activities/topics
Looking for Curriculum documents?