Rocks and Minerals
-KWL chart- What I already KNOW, What I WANT to know, What I LEARNED.
-sorting and classifying
Arte: El Espiral
-all about lines: focus, direction, width, length
-cool & warm colours
-Collaborative Art work for cookbook fundraiser
- Oil pastels
-Skip counting & patterns
Math Game to play at home:
You will need: A deck of cards (remove 10, J, Q, K, A) and dice
How to play:
1. Each person picks 3 cards with his/her eyes closed.
2. Arrange the cards to make a 3-digit number. Each player says his/her number out loud to the other player. After this the players cannot re-arrange their cards to change their number
3. One person rolls the dice - If the number rolled is PAR (even -2, 4, 6) the person with the greatest 3-digit number wins. If the number rolled is IMPAR (odd - 1, 3, 5) the person with the lesser 3-digit number wins.
4. Winner takes all 6 cards into his/her 'bank'
5. Repeat taking turns rolling the dice.
To modify the game:
- Try playing with two, or three dice. Roll the dice, add them together.
- Change the number of cards each player takes to play with 2-digit, 4-digit, or 5-digit numbers.