Interdisciplinary Building Project
- Planning and building a community that explores quality of life through services (Social Studies)
- Working in small groups and learning to collaborate (Health)
- Planning a budget that will allow their group to buy materials and build their community with only 1000 'credits' (Number Sense - Math)
- Following shape and space specifications set out for their community (Measurement- Math, 3D shapes)
- Exploring the properties of a variety of materials and designs, building and testing structures (Science)
- Communicating in Spanish (SLA)
- Having fun
Our field trip to Studio Bell was a success. Thank you Jackie for planning this amazing activity for us.
Students were introduced to the basics on how the human hearing works. We will continue with the sound and hearing Science unit for the following weeks.